- Substances created by plants
and animals that are poisonous
- It resembles bacterial toxins
in its antigenic properties that
are found in the fluids of a
- MYOTOXIN- Are small basic peptides found in the snake venoms (e.g Rattlesnakes) & Non-enzymatic mechanism that leads to severe muscle necrosis.
- Most deadly naturally occurring neurotoxins, produced by naturally occurring clostridium botulinum.
- Improperly preserve foods accounted for cases of botulism and has been associated with freshly prepared foods that were not properly refrigerated.
- Group of toxins found in certain venoms (e.g Rattlesnake and Ricin)
- Causes degeneration and lyses of endothelial cells in capillaries and small vessels, resulting in small hemorrhages in the tissue.
- Any substance that produced by plants that is similar in its properties to extracellular bacterial toxin.
- Is a type of narcotic (analgesic) drug derived from opium poppy.
· Sedation (production of a restful state of mind)
· Reduce the activity of the intestinal muscle causing constipation.
- Powerfully addictive central nervous system stimulant.
- Makes you feel Euphoric (feeling of great happiness) and Energetic
· Increases Body Temperature
· Increases Blood Pressure
· Faster heart rate
- Aka “NUX VOMICA”
- Source of the mainly poisonous alkaloids
-------------END---------- Thank YOU